https://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Predator.jpg 300 640 William Burns http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/HNN-logo.jpg William Burns2015-03-27 13:14:482015-03-27 13:14:48Ten Things You Might Not Know About ... Predator!
10. Body count: 69 humans (most of them at the hands of Dutch Schaefer), 1 scorpion, 1 boar, and 1 predator.
9. One of only four movies featuring two United States governors with roles as actors
8. The studio’s insurance company would not agree to insure the production unless a body guard was hired for the actor Sonny Landham (Billy) for the sole purpose of protecting people from Sonny. The body guard followed Sonny around everywhere to ensure that Sonny didn’t get into a fight since he was well known to be a very violent and short tempered actor.
7. “Aliens” was screenwriters Jim and John Thomas’s major inspiration behind “Predator”.
6. Most of film was shot under the original title “Hunter”, it was only later when the creature design was changed that the movie became “Predator”.
5. Joel Hynek, a special effects supervisor who directed the design of the alien’s camouflage effect, is the son of J. Allen Hynek PhD, who originated the “Close Encounter” hierarchy for categorizing interactions with aliens.
4. The original “Hunter” model was a large creature with a long neck, a head shaped like a dog and one big eye in the middle.
3. In the original script, during the mission Dutch was captured and tortured for information by the enemies. Flashback scenes of Arnold Schwarzenegger under the interrogation were filmed for “Predator”, with Schaefer being burned with cigarettes, having his pectorals cut, stung by a scorpion, receiving electric shocks to his torso and armpits, and being held naked in a bamboo box, but these scenes didn’t make the final cut of the film and are considered lost footage.
2. Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally cast to play the Predator but he was dropped for being a relentless complainer.
1. Jesse Ventura was delighted to find out from the wardrobe department that his arms were 1″ bigger than Arnold Schwarzenegger’s. He suggested to Schwarzenegger that they measure arms, with the winner getting a bottle of champagne. Ventura lost because Schwarzenegger had told the wardrobe department to tell Ventura that his arms were bigger.