Ever wish you knew more about your favorite movie monster, demon or slasher? Well, a documentary is on the way to fill in some blanks.
A six-episode series on Shudder–Behind the Monsters–will delve into the backgrounds of several horror luminaries. The documentary from Stage 3 Productions, as reported by comingsoon.net, will debut Oct. 26–just in time for Halloween viewing.
The series–courtesy of writers and directors Gabrielle Binkley and Anthony Uro–will explore a horror Who’s Who that includes the likes of Candyman, Chucky, Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger and Pinhead.
“A small group of monsters who got their start in low-budget horror movies have transcended their humble beginnings to become international pop culture icons,” explained Shudder general manager Craig Engler. “Behind the Monsters will tell the story of their unlikely rise to fame–from the ideas that inspired them to the indelible mark they’ve left on the world.”
The first installment will spotlight six horror legends. Here are the details of each episode:
* Candyman (Episode 1)–This will feature interviews with director Bernard Rose and stars Tony Todd and Virginia Madsen from the 1992 original film and with Nia DaCosta, who helms the reboot due in theaters Aug. 27.
* Chucky (Episode 2)–This will include interviews with Don Mancini, creator of the Child’s Play franchise, along with the first film’s director Tom Holland and star Catherine Hicks and with Brad Dourif, the iconic voice of Chucky.
* Jason Voorhees (Episode 3)–This will spotlight interviews with Kane Hodder and special effects wizard Tom Savini.
* Michael Myers (Episode 4)–This will include interviews with Nick Castle and James Jude Courtney.
* Freddy Krueger (Episode 5)–This will feature interviews with actors Heather Langenkamp and Lin Shaye, as well as with special effects designer Jim Doyle.
* Pinhead (Episode 6)–This will spotlight interviews with actor Doug Bradley and others.
Keep reading Horror News Network to keep up-to-date on all of Shudder’s horror offerings.