Netflix will get “curiouser and curiouser” next year.
Oscar-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro has lined up an impressive slate of writers, directors and actors for his horror anthology series Cabinet of Curiosities that will hit Netflix in 2022, as reported by Deadline.
Production has already started in Toronto on the series that is expected to “challenge traditional notions of horror. From macabre to magical, gothic to grotesque or classically creepy, the eight sinister tales–including two original works by del Toro–will be brought to life by a team of writers and directors personally chosen by del Toro.”
The lineup of talent for the anthology is as follows:
- Essie Davis (The Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) and Hannah Galway (Sex/Life) will star in an episode based on a del Toro story and written and directed by Jennifer Kent (The Babadook).
- F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus), Glynn Turman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom) and Luke Roberts (Ransom) will star in an episode written by David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) and directed by David Prior (The Empty Man).
- Tim Blake Nelson (Watchmen), Elpidia Carrillo (Euphoria), Demetrius Grosse (Fear the Walking Dead) and Sebastian Roche (The Man in the High Castle) will star in an episode based on a del Toro story and written by Regina Corrado (Deadwood) and directed by Guillermo Navarro (Godfather of Harlem).
- Crispin Glover (River’s Edge) and Ben Barnes (Shadow and Bone) will star in an episode written by Lee Patterson (Curve) and directed by Keith Thomas (Firestarter).
- Peter Weller (RoboCop) stars in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy) from a script he wrote with Aaron Stewart-Ahn (Be Kind Rewind).
- Mika Watkins (Origin) wrote an episode directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight) that has a cast yet to be announced.
- David Hewlett (See) stars in an episode written and directed by Vincenzo Natali (Hannibal).
- Haley Z. Boston (Brand New Cherry Flavor) wrote an episode directed by Ana Lily Amirpour (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night) that has a cast yet to be announced.
Keep reading Horror News Network for further updates on Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix.