The rumors that circulated last month have been confirmed: The Ghost with the Most is returning on 4K Ultra-HD Sept. 1.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment said the cult horror/comedy classic Beetlejuice will be available on store shelves in a Standard 4K + Blu-ray + Digital version or in a Deluxe Edition Gift Set, according to wegotthiscovered.com.
If you opt for the Gift Set, here’s what you’ll enjoy:
- The Beetlejuice movie on 4K Ultra-HD + Blu-ray + Digital;
- A four-inch embroidered, glow-in-the-dark patch of Beetlejuice’s gravestone;
- An insert listing instructions for life-after-death emergencies, complete with three pieces of collectible chalk;
- The Betelgeuse flyer seen in the movie;
- And, in addition, all of the above comes in a Special Edition Gift Box made to look like The Handbook for the Recently Deceased.
It’s been more than three decades since Beetlejuice hit movie theaters, and the notion of a sequel–with director Tim Burton and stars Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder along for the wild ride–has been bandied about, but Warner Bros. has not made anything official yet.
But, in the meantime, this new release would be a great opportunity for fans of the 1988 film to revisit those halcyon days. The original movie–from director Tim Burton and screenwriters Michael McDowell and Warren Skaaren–told the story of a recently deceased couple (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis) who become ghosts and haunt their former home. Then, of course, an obnoxious poltergeist, Beetlejuice (Michael Keaton), shows up from the netherworld to scare away the new inhabitants (Winona Ryder, Catherine O’Hara and Jeffrey Jones).
Beetlejuice was a financial and critical success, grossing $74 million on a budget of $15 million, and earning an Academy Award for Best Makeup. The film also spawned an animated TV series, video games, a board game and a 2018 Broadway musical.
Keep reading Horror News Network for any news concerning a possible Beetlejuice sequel somewhere down the line.