The wait for the release date of one of the most-anticipated horror sequels is over.
A Quiet Place: Part II will finally hit theaters Sept. 4, 2020, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The movie, which continues the scenario started in the 2018 box-office smash A Quiet Place, was expected to be on the big screen last month, but was bumped back due to the continuing Coronavirus crisis.
Paramount Pictures is hoping this fall release, providing all goes well and this new date holds, will provide a much-needed boost to the industry that has been crippled by closed theaters worldwide, THR reported.
John Krasinski, who directed and starred in the original, wears the twin hats of screenwriter and director for the sequel. And Krasinski has some good news for horror fans who have been waiting for a good scare.
The hushed world of the sequel will be even scarier than the first film, the director told THR.
“I think you’re gonna be really scared…because you care about the characters,” he said. “In the first film, you were getting to know them. Now you know them and you don’t want anything to happen to them. My point was to have the audience part of the movie.”
The sequel picks up the threads of the original, with the Abbot family (Emily Blunt, Milicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe) facing the horrors of the outside world. And they quickly discover that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only things to fear.
Cillian Murphy (Batman Begins) and Djimon Hounson (Guardians of the Galaxy) also star in the sequel.
The original, which cost just $17 million to make, grossed a whopping $340 million worldwide. It was reported that the debut of the sequel, expected in March, would have been in the $60 million range.
Keep reading Horror News Network to see how the new September release of A Quiet Place: Part II cashes in at box offices everywhere.