10. To get the role of Michael Myers, Dick Warlock revealed that as he passed by a room, the Michael Myers mask was on a table. He put the mask on and walked into Rick Rosenthal’s office and stood there. After Rosenthal continuously asked him who he was and he didn’t reply, he took off the mask and asked if he could play Michael Myers.
9. The mask Michael wears is the exact same mask (a repainted and modified Captain Kirk mask) worn in the original film. It looks different in the sequel because the paint had faded
8. Believing Rick Rosenthal’s version of the film to be too tame, John Carpenter shot a few gory scenes that were added into the film despite Rosenthal’s objections
7. Ana Alicia hit a desk and cut one of her eyes open during the shooting of her death scene. She wanted Rick Rosenthal to keep filming, but he called cut so she could go to the emergency room and get 12 stitches.
6. First of two Halloween movies directed by Rick Rosenthal who later went onto helm Halloween: Resurrection (2002), the eighth and final film in the original cinema series.
5. Tommy Lee Wallace was originally offered the opportunity to direct this film, but turned down the offer because he didn’t like the script.
4, In a 1981 interview in Fangoria magazine, Debra Hill told of how there was consideration of making the movie in 3D
3. Though Jamie Lee Curtis has top billing, she only appears on screen for approximately 25 min. 21 sec. This applies only to the theatrical version; in the TV version she has a few extra scenes.
2. Dana Carvey made his movie debut in this movie playing an assistant. He can be seen receiving instructions from a blond reporter in front of the Wallace house.
1. Halloween II was originally written to take place in a high rise apartment building.