10. In the original ending of the story Linda Hamilton’s character Vicki was killed by the children. She joined “the blue man” on a cross and had her eyes cut out.
9. In the original story, Isaac and Malachi’s real names were William Renfrew and Craig Boardman
8. In the original theatrical trailer, Stephen King’s name is misspelled as “Steven”
7. The tagline “And a child shall lead them” comes from Isaiah 11:6 in the Old Testament
6. On the dashboard of Burt and Vicki’s car is a copy of Night Shift, the Stephen King short story collection in which Children of the Corn originally appeared.
5. Though real corn was used for most of filming, polyurethane corn had to be used for the more difficult action sequences.
4. In the prologue, Malachi plays a 1981 Medusa pinball machine
3. All of the children are named after Old Testament characters
2. There is no town called Gatlin in Nebraska
1. Stephen King wrote the original draft of the screenplay, which focused more on the characters of Burt and Vicky and depicted more backstory on the uprising of the children in Gatlin. His script was disregarded in favor of George Goldsmith’s screenplay, which featured more violence and a more conventional narrative structure.