“Tales from the Crypt” Reboot; Hate to Say We Told You So But…

Back in February, the interwebz, and a lot of our fellow horror news sites, went ga-ga over the release of a “new trailer” for what many hoped to be the triumphant return of the Tales from the Crypt anthology series that we all loved in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

As cool as the trailer looked, we decided to do a little digging before posting it up and claiming that all was soon to be right with the world of television-based anthology horror (see our original story by clicking here). Unfortunately, it appears that our hesitation was not in vein as TNT and TBS president Kevin Reilly has confirmed that the reboot is all but dead.

“That one got really caught up in a complete legal mess unfortunately with a very complicated underlying rights structure,” Reilly told Deadline, referring to Tales, “we lost so much time, so I said, ‘Look, I’m not waiting around four years for this thing’.

Reilly then went on to discuss a sci-fi based block that the network is working on with Alien guru Ridley Scott which they hope will drop in 2018.

Keep it locked to Horror News Network as we do our best to bring you the real story on what’s going on in horror.

 

Stay gory my friends.

Avatar
Larry Dwyer
Larry Dwyer has been writing for Horror News Network since 2012. Catch up with him on Twitter at @LarryDwyer and read his in-depth bio on our About Us page.

Similar Articles

Comments

Latest News

‘Last Night In Soho’ Now Slated For 2021 Release Date

Better late than never. The psychological horror film Last Night In Soho--previously slated for release this fall--is now scheduled to hit theaters April 23, 2021. The Focus Features entry--directed...

Sony, Amazon Team Up To Develop ‘The Fear Collection’

A brand-new project from Sony Pictures and Amazon Prime Video will unleash a new horror anthology series on both the big and small screen. Sony...

‘Confessional’ Set to Debut Tomorrow on Shudder

Shudder is back at it again with more original content.  This time the horror streamer is set to deliver a spooky take on confession...

‘Marianne’ Director To Lead Horror Film ‘Cobweb’ For Lionsgate

A filmmaker who made his horror reputation with the eerie French series Marianne has signed on to direct a new movie for Lionsgate. Samuel Bodin will helm...

Scott Derrickson Tabbed To Helm Upcoming ‘Labyrinth’ Sequel

TriStar Pictures has named a director with an impressive horror and fantasy resume to guide its long-awaited sequel to the cult classic Labyrinth. Scott Derrickson--who directed...