Syfy is laying out a bountiful buffet of genre films and programs that will stretch from this fall into 2022.
No specific debut dates have yet been announced for this programming, according to syfy.com, so stay tuned for more details as summer becomes autumn and then winter.
So, in broad strokes, here’s the Syfy lineup:
* Chucky–This highly anticipated spinoff from the classic Child’s Play film will premiere on both Syfy and USA this fall. In this series, as explained, a Chucky doll throws a quiet town into chaos when it pops up at a yard sale. Brad Dourif is back to voice the murderous doll, along with his daughter Fiona, Jennifer Tilly, Devon Sawa and Lexa Doig.
* Slumber Party Massacre–This modern retelling of the 1980s cult classic by Roger Corman and Amy Holden Jones is helmed by Danishka Esterhazy from a screenplay by Suzanne Keilly, and will debut this fall.
* Day of the Dead–Inspired by the zombie classics of George A. Romero, this 10-episode series follows six strangers as they try to survive the first 24 hours of an undead invasion. Led by writers and showrunners Jed Elinoff and Scott Thomas, the show stars Keenan Tracey, Daniel Doheny, Natalie Malaika, Morgan Holmstrom and Kristy Dinsmore.
* SurrealEstate–Debuting this summer, this series stars Tim Rozon as Roman, a man who specializes in selling possessed houses.
* Bring It On: Halloween–This film–slated to premiere in 2022–follows a cheerleading squad held down by oppressive rules that seeks “the freedom of a creepy, closed school gym to practice, but when members of the squad start to disappear, the cheerleaders must unmask their assailant to save themselves.”
* Astrid & Lilly Save the World?–Also debuting next year, this show follows two high school outcasts “who must work to save the world after they accidentally open a portal to a dimension filled with monsters.”
Keep reading Horror News Network for updates and details on all of these Syfy presentations.